Re: Bus Privatization

"Vaughan Williams" <ender2000@my-deja.com> skrev i meddelandet
8vdpgt$aq6$1@nnrp1.deja.com">news:8vdpgt$aq6$1@nnrp1.deja.com...

> > This is not unique. Here we also have synched transfers, such that the
> > bus waits for the train, and sometimes buses waiting for other buses.
>
> Timetable co-ordination (or very high frequency) is a necessary but not
> sufficient condition for making it easy for people to transfer.
>
> The unique (AFAIK) feature in Toronto is the bus going not just to, but
> into the station so that you don't even need to show a ticket.

MARTA in Atlanta does this too at some stations.  The first time I ever
experience this was at Avondale station there, and I thought it was
extremely intelligent -- but then, I was living in DC, where integration
between transit modes has never been a high priority....

-rest snipped-

--
Tim Kynerd    Sundbyberg, Sweden    tim@tram.nu
"But freedom to differ is not limited to things that do not matter much.