Re: [Melb] French trams for the city's Paris end

VicRoads reckon there are a lot of places, the problem is that the
difference is marginal (it might shorten the cycle by 5 seconds or
something) and theyre very slack at maintaining the loops so at any one
time most of them are out of order (according to my sources, anyway..
someone will correct me if this is wrong)

Vaughan

In article <eRlS5.15159$tU2.128762@news-server.bigpond.net.au>,
  "Daniel Bowen" <dbowen@custard.REMOVE.net.au> wrote:

> "Chris Gordon" <cmgord@VICSIG.alphalink.com.au> wrote in message
> 3A192CE8.D79FD9C2@VICSIG.alphalink.com.au">news:3A192CE8.D79FD9C2@VICSIG.alphalink.com.au...
> > There are a few places where a train in its own right of way will
> > trigger lights to turn in its favor.
> >
> > Victoria Street (109).
> > Burwood Hwy (75)
> >
> > A couple others, but I can remember them all (but they are all
places
> > where the tram is in a right of way or entering/leaving a right of
way).

> Are there any spots where the approach of a tram will actually
trigger the
> lights to turn red against traffic on a cross road (as opposed to
just a
> turning/service lane like on Burwood Hwy)?
>
> Daniel
> --
> Daniel Bowen, Melbourne, Australia
> dbowen@custard.REMOVE.net.au