Re: [Melb] Meanwhile in Bourke Street

On Mon, 20 Nov 2000 06:29:29 +1100, "David Lindstrom"
<D_Lindstrom@Bigpond.com> wrote:

>http://www.theage.com.au/news/20001120/A62383-2000Nov19.html
>
>"The report raises the possibility of building a roof over the mall and of
>removing the trams by diverting them on to other city routes, or by reducing
>their frequency, council sources said."

That wanker Mayor will next say that the City needs even more car
parking.

How on earth would they re-route the trams around the Mall, without
making the tram route so annoying that people would not catch trams
anymoree, then they would all drive their cars to the
city....um...oh...thats his plan.......

Maybe he better go into a time warp and go back to the 1960's, he
would fit in well there.

Serously what we need is a tunnel linking up the West Gate FW, Bolte
Bridge, Eastern FW, Monash FW and Tulla FW, and have the opening of
the tunnel in the Bouke Street Mall...solve everybodies problems at
once and the road lobby will win another one!