Re: Syd Airport Link

Tezza <tezza2000@dingoblue.net.au> wrote in message
3a128aeb$0$19411$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au">news:3a128aeb$0$19411$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au...

> "Chris Downs"
> > Tezza
> > > "Dave Proctor"

from
> > one of the 4 stations to reach 10,000 passengers/day.  Many trains are
below

> > > And they can't even getting that many.
> >
> > CityRail won't let you out during the day?
>
> As it says above, at no no time during the *day or night*, have I seen
that
> many.
>

> > You're right on one thing though, reliable 3rd party figures would help
> > rather than our conjecture.
> >
> > Can anyone help?
>
> I've asked twice already with no answer. Tonight's figures, on the down,
> disembark only:
> Green Square 1
> Mascot 1
> Domestic 6
> International 1
> Total - 9
> Even if this was the average (which I know it's not), it is way more than
my
> original estimate of 1,000.

Today's 1358 Central to Macarthur
Green Square    4 off    1 on
Mascot                6 off    4 on
Domestic            15 off    6 on
International        11 off    5 on
(total of 52 early PM)

The following down trains at International were
12 off    4 on
15 off    4 on

Up trains around the same time (1415) at International were (offs may have
been higher, view obscured)
1 off    16 on
1 off     2 on
unknown off but 12 ons waiting

Returning home (1636 ex Bexley North - Central)
International    1 off    11 on
Domestic        1 off    22 on
Mascot            3 off    40+ on
(total of 78 exc. Green Square)

Next three trains at Mascot
2.5 min later    1 off    7 on
3 min later        1 off    10 on
6 min later        0 off    35+ on

Green Sq        1 off and 19 on (after 6 minute wait)

That's over 250 people watching 16 station stops (15 per stop).

Crude extrapolation of 15 per stop x 4 stops x 200 trains = 12,000
(ignoring 20% of trains for close running late night etc.)

I still think 10,000+ per day sounds pretty realistic.

Cheers

Chris