Re: [NSW] Clyburn?

In article <8uqnlr$ce7$1@nnrp1.deja.com>,
  maikha_l@hotmail.com wrote:
> I always imagine those platforms to be haunted! Trains don't stop
there
> for a very conspiracy type reason! (Please whatever you do, don't take
> this seriously...it's just my inmagination!)
>
> Anyways I've been curious about the large area of land behind
MainTrain
> and behind Clyde Engineering (Or what's left of it!). Can't seem to
> refresh my mind on what's in that area (A couple of sidings, overgrown
> weed?). But wouldn't it be use ful to sort of clear that area so it
can
> be of use (New train factory?)

Good idea but all the domestic train manufactors have trouble to pick
up orders recently.

EDI-rail's contract would run out in 2002 if Transperth/QR don't follow
continue order new rolling stocks. Goninah have a very small order book.
(Westrail-passenger DMU)Adtranz's future aren't so bright either(sacked
worker recently). Alstom/Siemens would rather assembly stuffs overseas.
Freight Australia/ASR-ARG-ANR/LRVF/Austrac/GNR/ATN would rather utility
stored rolling stocks and locos then buy brand new fancy toys.

A new train factory is not that promising....

--
Cheers

Railway Rasputin

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/