Re: Travel patterns (was Re: New form of rail transportation)

Alex Pout <alpout@optusnet.com.au> wrote in article
<3a0fb4e1$0$19409$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au>:

>How about also making Melbourne run through trains, like Sydney
>(Waterfall - Bondi, Penrith - North Sydney etc) or Brisbane
>(Rosewood/Ipswich - Caboolture (?), etc).  This would reduce the numbers
>needing to change in the city, while getting away from the attitude that
>all they do is take you to the city.

In the public transport contracts, there was a condition put in, that by
1/1/2001 there must be a number of inter-peak through trains stopping at
premium stations. Routes included Broadmeadows-Dandenong, and Werribee-
Frankston. These trains were to run every half an hour on top of what's
already there. Funny, it didn't make it into this timetable. Can I
therefore assume that this is another condition "negotiated" out of the
contract, or will there be a new timetable yet again before January 1,
2001?

M.

--
(To email me just remove ".spam" off my email address).

Whip me, Beat me, just don't Windows ME