Re: Wodonga Rail relocation

Roderick Smith wrote in message <39FFBEC9.D1F8727D@werple.net.au>...
>Don't forget every Queensland rebuilding:
>Gympie, Maryborough, Rockhampton, Mackay & Cairns.
>Subtly, the taxi fare to the remote station adds 10% to fares.

Rockhampton station has not been rebuilt and Cairns didn't move - only the
tracks to it.

Maryborough was never on the main line - but I will admit the line has moved
further from town as has Gympie.

Mackay has moved away from a lot of the town, but when I lived there the new
station was much more convenient as there were no traffic problems. Mind
you, there were very few trains. The airport was of much more use anyway.

Barry Campbell