Re: Wodonga Rail relocation

James C. <james_ccj@my-deja.com> wrote in message
8tp13n$mj1$1@nnrp1.deja.com">news:8tp13n$mj1$1@nnrp1.deja.com...
> In article <39FFBEC9.D1F8727D@werple.net.au>,
> Roderick Smith <rodsmith@werple.net.au> wrote:

>> Don't forget every Queensland rebuilding:
>> Gympie, Maryborough, Rockhampton, Mackay & Cairns.
>> Subtly, the taxi fare to the remote station adds 10% to fares.

> Rockhampton and Cairns station are not remote stations....

Rockhampton is iirc not that far from town, but it has been
reloacted at some point in it's life, the old platform is still in
existance slightly closer to town.

The 'new' Cairns is effectively a block further out, but you do
have to circumnavigate some sleezy shopping centre though.

> Townsville may get a remote station in the future.

Boo hiss........  The current station is in as good a location as
you could ask for, within walking distance of the CBD.

> And I though they offer free coach connection at
> Maryborough/Gympie/Bowen so that you don't need to call for
> taxi.

That overlooks another problem relocating the station out of town,
it becomes much less convenient to sleaze down to the station and
inspect the passing traffic...

Proserpine is good in that respect.

--
B.

Email - gunzel412 at dingoblue dot net dot au
ICQ#  - 82329734
Phone - long, long, short, long.