Re: New Zig Zag track construction

I last travelled the Clarence - Glow Worm Tunnel road 12 months ago.

Lengthy sections of the road is formed by clay/mud/dirt.... that is slippery
as quick silver and very plastic when wet (difficult to negotiate) and like
super strength concrete when dry.  Consequently it's OK to drive on when dry
but rough as guts because the vehicles that last used the road in the wet
had deformed the service.  As for when it's wet, I reckon a 4WD would be the
go.

Travelling in via Lithgow won't avoid some of the sections described above.

The road is also quite busy with 4WD "adventure tours" taking all and sundry
to the glow worm tunnel, a very different proposition to the almost unknown
attraction of 15+ years ago.

Chris

39FFFB44.8489C72@cia.com.au">news:39FFFB44.8489C72@cia.com.au...