Re: [Aus] Fastest Freight Train?

"Maurie Daly" <mauried@tpg.com.au> wrote in message
3a015182.24072303@can-news.tpg.com.au">news:3a015182.24072303@can-news.tpg.com.au...
> On Thu, 2 Nov 2000 21:58:49 +1000, "Alan Shaw"
> <brindabella@primus.com.au> wrote:
>
> >Hi all,
> >schedule end-to-end has an average speed of just under 70km/h. Now while
> >over that distance such an average is pretty fast, but I was wondering
> >whether the "fastest in the world" is really true. > >
> >Alan
> >Brisbane
> >

> Are you sure its not 70 MPH since US railroads still use imperial
> units.
>
> MD

Yes Maurie I agree 70 kph isn't too much to skite about whereas 70 mph would
be. I mean to say in the West, Forrestfield to West Kalgoorlie tabled times
including crossings on the single line is about 60 to 65 kph without really
trying on a normal freighter and trailerail trains cut it out even faster.
650km give or take a couple, is the distance concerned.

Brian