Re: [Aus] Fastest Freight Train?

Hi all,

I have worked a job from Cook on the Nullabor in SA to Kalgoorlie in WA, a
distance of about 840km in just under 9 hours. This was back about 3 years
ago.

This was an National Rail Trailerail service which was hauled by a EL
locomotive. Between Cook and Kitchener we could do 125 km/h unless under
restriction or curves. Then 110 km/h for the last 300 odd km into
Kalgoorlie. I'm not sure of the average, but that was the fastest trip I had
ever worked when in Kalgoorlie, two crosses on the way with opposing trains
in the loop both times. The only way to railroad.

Regards...Earle Fraser
3a015182.24072303@can-news.tpg.com.au">news:3a015182.24072303@can-news.tpg.com.au...