Re: Sydney to Albury track

I've been told that the XPTs have a top speed of 180km/h (though i think
they've gone faster on controlled trials), but the maximum operating
speed they go at is 160km/h, well thats what the buufet car menu states.

Countrylink tried running a tilt train on the tracks, and the benefits
were only marginal and probably not worth the purchase of a whole new
fleet of trains. Australia really needs to get its act together in terms
of modernising rail infrastructure. You can basically blame politicans
for this.

Santosh
(Whos almost a transport engineer that hopes to be part of the
solution).