Re: [OT] ideal file size of a jpeg or gif image

Dave Proctor wrote:

> So do what everyone else has suggested - make it something like 640 x 480,
> with a link to a larger image (with an indication to the size of it). Then
> those who want the better image can get it, whilst those of us who don't
> want the better image don't have to get it (just because that is the only
> thing you want to gove us).

My site is already big and it is hosted by Railpage at no cost. I can't
expect them to give me any more space to do what you suggest. This could
easily add an extra 15mb onto the size of my site. The only way I could
do this without excessive ads is to start paying for web space, which is
clearly something I am not going to do.

--
- James Brook -

e-mail: