Re: [OT] ideal file size of a jpeg or gif image

I was thinking about this, and I remembered that you can also display
the image as a percentage of the available size. I have decided to trial
a new method of displaying the photos with the shots I took at Spencer
Street several weeks ago. The thumbnails for these photos now link to
another page, which displays the image at 75% of the avaiable size. This
page then provides a link to view it at the actual size for people who
want to see it like this. As it is already cached, you don't need to
download it again. I think this is a good compromise that allows me to
offer high quality photos, while providing an easy way for people to
view it fully without having to save it. If I don't get any complaints
about this, I will probably implement this for the rest of the photos.

To view this, follow the link under the "What's new at this site"
heading on the main page.

--
- James Brook -

e-mail: