Re: Airport rail link

Alex Pout <alpout@optusnet.com.au> wrote in article
<3a08dd6c$0$19413$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au>:

>I forgot to mention that my other problem with Melbourne's public
>transport was the lack of 24 hour running.  Even in Newcastle, I can
>catch a train home at 4 in the morning after a night out, whereas in
>Melbourne, it was time to shell out a cab fee home.

Don't see it happening under the current contracts. All timetable changes
implemented so far, including those about to hit in the next week or so,
are all part of the operators contracts - i.e. don't implement these
timetable changes, and you'll cop a fine. 24 hour running is not in the
contracts.

M.

--
(To email me just remove ".spam" off my email address).

Whip me, Beat me, just don't Windows ME