Re: Airport rail link

"Anthony Morton" <amorton@mullian.ee.mu.oz.au> wrote in message
8uajbt$ae8$1@mulga.cs.mu.OZ.AU">news:8uajbt$ae8$1@mulga.cs.mu.OZ.AU...
> (crossposted to aus.rail from melb.general)
>
> whitehat <whitehat@alphalink.com.au> wrote:
>
> >Both the Kennet and Bracks Governments had plans to do this. The current
> >government's plans are striking two problems:

Reading the Ministers messageboard, I could not help noticing Sunshine will
need to be put underground!
A Federal Grant should immediatly be applied for, to do just that,
regardless of the Airport link. That would allow easy acess to the Sunshine
and Albion Grain Silos, to both BG and SG. This would allow North East SG
trains direct acess to Brooklyn and on to Newport. A new long loop could be
established towards Spotswood, the reserve is wide enough, even if a level
crossing or two would need replacement. This loop could be used to replace
engines on through trains, or even to just refuel them.
Rod [comtrain]