Re: Technical rail maps - digital info available?

tweak@optushome.com.au wrote:
> Sam Lander wrote:
> > Apologies if this is a FAQ...
> > Is there a source for technical Sydney rail maps? The kind of info I am
> > after is:
> >    Signal, trainstop and sensor locations
> >    Switches and throwpoints
> >    Stations and platforms - used and disused
> >    Gradients and curvatures
> >    Speed limits
> >    Comms links - radio, fibre, mechanical and electrical
> >    Road and rail tunnels and bridges.
> > And, going one better, is there a digital source for this info?

> what about the same info but for victoria????

Curves and gradients books were published by VicTrack until privatisation
and were available at the Railfan Shop. Obsolete signalling diagrams were
also available. Speed limits would be in the General Instruction so the
WTT/MTP/NMP/NSP. All of this infotmation is probably now commercial in
confidence.

Cheers
David