Re: [melb] Connex refurb set(s)

Johann Fan <jyfx@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
3a0c079d$0$19431$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au">news:3a0c079d$0$19431$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au...
> Now that Connex have 2 x 6-car sets refurbished, why don't they use them.
> They are still running the same timetable as before (mon, tues, thurs,
fri)
> but have been swapping the sets, recently running  the 674M 3-car set
> instead of 575M 3-car set.
>
> Are they waiting for something before introducing the other sets. Also,
any
> carriages being refurbed up at Alstom Ballarat at the moment??

There are two Connex sets in Melbourne at the moment, but one of those sets
is frequently unavailable for service due to defects (I even heard a rumour
that the union had blackbanned it).
There are (I think - Chris, correct me if I'm wrong) 3, 3 car sets at Alstom
Ballarat being "Connexed" and will be entered into service when they a have
been fully tested. When 1 set is brought back from Ballarat, another set
goes up.

Sam