Re: [melb] Connex refurb set(s)

> > Now that Connex have 2 x 6-car sets refurbished, why don't they use them.
> > They are still running the same timetable as before (mon, tues, thurs,
> fri)
> > but have been swapping the sets, recently running  the 674M 3-car set
> > instead of 575M 3-car set.
> >
> > Are they waiting for something before introducing the other sets. Also,
> any
> > carriages being refurbed up at Alstom Ballarat at the moment??
>
> There are two Connex sets in Melbourne at the moment, but one of those sets
> is frequently unavailable for service due to defects (I even heard a rumour
> that the union had blackbanned it).
> There are (I think - Chris, correct me if I'm wrong) 3, 3 car sets at Alstom
> Ballarat being "Connexed" and will be entered into service when they a have
> been fully tested. When 1 set is brought back from Ballarat, another set
> goes up.

Quite Good Sam.

There are 6 three car sets in Melbourne now.
I think 4 in service, running the orginal service and the Hurstbridge
service.

They hope to get more in service soon.

Rumor #987037532-97549028675 says they are now heavier and thur braking
is effected, so some sets fail brake tests.

I think:
571M-T-M
575M-T-M
641M-T-M
615M-T-M
were the ones in service on Friday with
517M-T-M
647M-T-M
currently out of service.

--

C.

WEB   : www railpage org au / vicsig
EMAIL : cmgord at alphalink dot com dot au
ICQ   : three two nine eight nine four five zero

Go join VRN : www egroups com / subscribe / vicrail-news