Re: [NSW] my free travels today

Eric Cartman wrote in message <3934ec23@news.iprimus.com.au>...

>Here's a challenge for everyone - who has been interviewed by any form of
>media regarding train problems in any state?
>
>10 points = newspaper without photo, TV voiceover, radio
>20 points = newspaper with photo
>30 points = seeing yourself on TV commenting

Metro edition (and possibly State edition) of the Daily Telegraph, August 15
(I think), 1997 - report on the first day of operation of the SLR. My
photograph with some inane comment about the slowness of the trams appeared
in a 'vox populi' inset beneath the main article after I was approached by
an extremely attractive journalist and couldn't resist her requests for my
opinion. (OK, I probably would have given my opinion anyway even if she was
as ugly as sin). She asked me what I liked about the trams, and I launched
into a five-minute spiel about the wonders of light rail and how this could
be the start of an extensive light-rail network around Sydney. She then
asked me what I didn't like about the new SLR, and I went "Umm... errr...
umm.. well.. umm... they don't go fast enough.. and.. umm.. errr... they
could be extended to other places, I guess... ummm." Guess what got
published....

Regards,
Bradley.