Re: [NSW] my free travels today

Anita Lukaszyk <neety@ozemail.com.au> wrote in message
3934E835.A734C13@ozemail.com.au">news:3934E835.A734C13@ozemail.com.au...
> Hi all,
>
> I was just wondering exactly how many $'s I saved with the "fare free"
> day today. I heard on the news, CityRail lost something like $3M.
>
> All fares are Student rates, courtesy of
> http://www.cityrail.nsw.gov.au/fares/faresframe.htm
>
> Penrith-Central $3.00 (55.1km)
> Central-Wynyard $1.00 (3.21km)
> Wynyard-Wolli Ck $1.30 (10.6km)
> Wolli Ck-Central $1.10 (7.39km)
> Central-Wyong $4.30 (93.64km)
> Wyong-Strathfield $4.30 (89.32km)
> Strathfield-Emu Plains $2.60 (45.74km)
>
> neety's total saving today: $17.60 (not including the $4 off my weekly
> ticket)
> neety's total km's today: 305
>
> I was also planning to go to Katoomba this arvo, but I was told there
> was NO SNOW up there.
>
> Where did the rest of you go?

My travelling was somewhat less exciting, Penrith to Parramatta return. The
highlight of the trip was watching a stoned/drunk guy drop his small satchel
of marijuana on the floor and quickly recover it thinking no one had
noticed. The return train was less eventfull but more packed then the usuall
peak hour service..My saving: 3.80 (31.9 km).