Re: [Melb] Major problems on the Husrtbridge Line

James C <jamesccj@optusnet.com.au> said:

>Damn trees..........as much as I like green space I hate when mother
>nature blocked trains....
>
>> They started the day with no trains running in the Hurstbridge -
>> Clifton Hill section with some buses running, but I understand by the
>> morning peak they were running about 50% of the up trains from Eltham
>> and Greensborough.

Word from the 131-MET (bet no-one ever knew that one) info line was, by
about 11am, that they were running 3 down trains, then 3 up trains, until
the problem was fixed. Just to think, if Heidelberg still had mechanical
interlocking, this wouldn't have been a problem (-: DCK on the other
hand...

Anyway, I improvised. Normal pattern is train GRY-FSS then FSS-IVA, today
it was train GRY-ESD and bus ESD-IVA (Route 510). This route is a perfect
example of what a bus service should be. Doesn't compete with railways at
all, and gets a person cross country from Essendon to Ivanhoe in about 45
minutes, all while providing a basic feeder service for four railway lines.

Still prefer trains when available though.

Michael