Re: [QLD] Accident Wednesday night

I was on the 17:35 ex Central train to Beenleigh on Wednesday night.  At
Yeerongpilly we were delayed for approximately 30 minutes, then again at
Moorooka for about 15 minutes, then again between Moorooka & Rocklea for
another 20 or so minutes.  In this time three Gold Coast trains shot
through on the dual guage, but nothing at all was coming back from
Beenleigh / Robina.  The guard announced that the delay was caused by a
"breakdown" ahead of us, and stated repeatedly that we would be moving
again once the breakdown was cleared, whatever that means.  When we
finally got going again we travelled very slowly indeed until Salisbury,
after which we ran normally. Between Salisbury and home (Kuraby), it
seemed that we crossed an inbound (down) train at nearly every station,
and that most down side platforms were quite busy, probably with people
trying to get to the State of Origin game.  At Kuraby, there was a 6 car
EMU (didn't note the set numbers) shut down in Platform 2 which seemed a
little unusual.

Whatever happened, I suspect it was between Rocklea & Salisbury in the
vicinity of the abandoned Nyanda station.  I noticed on Thursday & again
on Friday that there is now a 25Km/h Caution sign just on the down side
of Nyanda (approximately where the standard guage siding crosses over
the two NG tracks), extending for about 200 metres through Nyanda
platform to around the level crossing.  I suspect that whatever
"incident" occured happened there.

Hope this helps.

--Colin