Re: V/Line railcars

Chris Brownbill <cbrnbill@enternet.com.au> wrote in message
392D0778.7A40743F@enternet.com.au">news:392D0778.7A40743F@enternet.com.au...
> I hope the 'provision for tilting' doesn't involve any compromises in
vehicle
> weight or passenger capacity or comfort.
Check out QR's tilt train. You won't feel a thing when you travel by tilt
train or walk while train is in motion, tilt train is just as comfortable
and smooth as any other trains, in fact I would say the ride is better then
most of the long distance trains like XPT/Xplorer,

>Of all the places in Australia that
> doesn't need tilting trains its Victoria.  The track might be crap
quality - but
> its straight because the terrain is basically flat - even the Great
Dividing
> Range is only a mediocre dividing range in the parts of the State that
trains
> operate.
Maybe a comparision between install tilt mechaism and upgrade the worst
section (say Seymore, part of Ballarat/Bendigo line and between Maryborough
and Ballarat) should be compared.

> NSW and Qld can benefit from tilting trains - and maybe SA for the
> Adelaide hills, but Vic needs properly geared conventional railcars
without
> being compromised by inappropriate fads.

I wondered of 29-2 cars would be enough?  to give regular interval on all
lines?

Cheers
James