Re: [Insert other state here] Airport lines

In article <I6IW4.580$Dr3.562470@news0.optus.net.au>,
  dbromage@fang.omni.com.au (David Bromage) wrote:
> This has been touched on briefly in the past, but what would be the
> feasibility of airport lines in other cities with suburban rail
services?
> This means Adelaide, Perth and Newcastle (Williamtown).
>
> I think Perth would be viable. Adelaide would be marginal. Williamtown
> would be useful if the line continued to, say, Port Stephens.
>
> Comments?
>
> Cheers
> David
Newcastle would be better off serve with faster Interurban service from
Sydney(say can get to Sydney in exactly one hour) and through to airport
or offer simple exchange at Sydney Central for airport line. To
accelerate trains on Newcastle route no doubt would be expensive as Tilt
trains and some extensive track work requires but faster train services
will reduce air traffic congestion pollution and will be comparable to
airport expandsion/runway addition cost.

--
Cheers

James

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/