Re: Austrains Belpaire Pig has arrived!

Derick Wuen wrote:
 Purchasing strategy........  Buy now or wait for GST????????
I copied this from the last Austrains newsletter, (which is on the Austrains site)

AUSTRAINS PRICING and the GST:

When Austrains sells a product we have to take into account the very high cost of  tooling  which we have to recover over a very short production run.  The tooling is actually a much higher percentage of the total product cost than the manufacturing  part.  At present we pay sales tax at the time of importation and the tooling cost per unit is taken into account when calculating the figure on which sales tax is paid on a formula set down by Customs.  GST however is charged as a percentage of the final selling price and is far in excess of the amount of sales tax we currently pay. We are not in a position to absorb this price rise so the price of most Austrains products are being adjusted to compensate for the higher tax component.  Diesel locos will be most effected.  Prices of Coaches and NODY wagons are being held at pre GST prices and the C36 price will rise to $399.00.  The impact on the price of the S truck is being assessed and will be advised in the next newsletter which will be posted late June.

  Those who have product on order which is not fully paid and collected or posted by the close of business 30th June, 2000 will have to pay the post GST price.

             Take note of this, there can be no exceptions.

I think this answers the question!  If you wait until after 1st July you will be making an involuntary donation to the Government.

Buy Now!

DPC James McInerney

STOP!  In The Name Of The Lore!

At http://www.cia.com.au/bullack/ , "Lambing Flat's" mainpage for the HO model and NSWGR information.