Re: Countrylink timetable

"Roderick Smith" <rodsmith@werple.net.au> wrote in message
392A6DE4.C94B35AA@werple.net.au">news:392A6DE4.C94B35AA@werple.net.au...
> Even people wanting to go from a to b can be better served by being shown
the
> whole service, and making a selection.
>
> If I go to a restaurant, I expect to choose from a menu, and not have a
> waiter approach with: What would you like to eat tonight sir?

Bad analogy. People (mostly) go out to eat, and choose what they want to eat
when presented with the menu. Most people will approach a transport provider
and ask them the times to get from a to b.

Although I will grant you that a timetable can be handy, in some cases, e.g.
someone going to Coffs Harbour who sees that the train stops at Sawtell
might decide to go there instead.

The Countrylink website did show the fuill timetable, by clicking on "Stops"
next to the service.

I think the real issue here is that it has not been updated, which (to echo
Glenn's remark's) shows just how seriously they are treating this webiste.
Another example is the "Welcome" page, which says that you will be able to
book and pay online "soon".

This was supposed to be introduced with the introduction of the new puter
system last November, six months later and it is still not introduced.

Dave