Re: [NSW] Drama @ the Airport Line...

In article <39292089.DDB80D42@ozemail.com.au>,
Anita Lukaszyk  <neety@ozemail.com.au> wrote:
>The greatest train in australia (20.03 Lithgow) didn't have any stuff ups... :)
>
>Hubert Lam wrote:
>
>> there were many stuffups, whether it be death at Granville or just simply some guards
>> and drivers getting confused.

 I think they managed it quite well, the first day of a new timetable. There
were bound to be stuff-ups. All the operations people running on new rosters,
so they don't know what's normal and what isn't.
 Having a rail related death and signal failure on the first day of a new
timetable makes it worse.

 BTW, platforms 2 & 3 were closed at Redfern this morning.  Staff were
directing Nth shore and city passengers to platform 5.
 Losing 2 tracks through Redfern wouldnt have help operations any.

 BTW, I detoured via the air-port line last night. One thing I did notice
is that my Optus mobile phone had coverage the entire way with the cell id
of 'Airport Rly' and that all the stations had large Optus adds :-)