Re: [Tas] re: Airport line and hijacking threads

James C. wrote in message <17a6c180.1abecd42@usw-ex0107-049.remarq.com>...
>The Tasmanian government isn't interested in rail service, it takes
>ages to bring back more profitable "Tasmanian Limited" let alone airpot
>service.

Mmmmm....

Thanks for being stupid enough to bite at this post!

The Tasmanian State Government gave its railway to the Commonwealth ca. 1975
(including the train named "TASMAN Limited".  AN ceased running passenger
trains in Tasmania ca. 1978.

While the present Tasrail (ATN) seems to be quite happy to see alternative
passenger train operators use its tracks, it's not very likely that either
Launceston or Burnie could re-start an Airport Link by rail.

But since othere mischievous aus.rail posters have been playing games with
the title "Airport Link", I thought I should introduce some historical
reality into this oft-hihacked topic.

End_of_thread.