Re: [NSW] CityRail Awards? was [NSW] Female guards are NOT hopeless!!!

 > >Not in QR :-)   They are all called Station Masters, regardless.
>
> Except when they are Mistresses. There is/was an actual training
> diiference between Masters/Mistresses (no safe working knowledge
> for Station Mistresses). Don't know if this is still the case.

hmmm.... I think you will find that the term "Station Mistress" is no longer
used.  Certainly on the Citytrain network, where internal vacancies are
advertised as Station Master or Station Officer.  And I am fairly sure that
there are no longer any Station Mistresses positions in country locations.
On of the last (if not the last) was at Mount Surprise, when the
"Savannahlander" only ran on the Forsayth-Mt Suprise section.

John McCandless
Cloncurry Qld Au
http://www.geocities.com/SouthBeach/Port/3150/index.htm