Re: Cronulla

"Rod Gayford" <rjaygee@smartchat.net.au> writes:

>So 5 minutes was saved but a couple of scarce suburban cars damaged
>severely.  Doesnt seem a reasonable compromise on safety.

A couple? According to my very reliable source, *every* coupling between all
14 cars involved in the collision were inspected, and nearly every coupler
has been replaced, with some other damage on the non-impact cars to coupler
pockets, etc. repaired.

Regards,

Craig.

--
            Craig Ian Dewick            |       Stand clear - jaws closing
 Send email to craigd@lios.apana.org.au |  Visit my Australian rail transport