Re: Down the Line

> This was done on weekends for a while. A P hauling an H set.
>
> > ..Alas  not to be..but interesting that this now comes
> > along. We even catered to a showers etc..and business like tables for the
> > office types to play solitaire on their laptops!!
>
> Sounds like you'd have to run the train with J cars!

Much of this was idle chatter amongst patrons..but we figured  one service
morning and evening to/from Spencer via Flinders weekdays had potential.
The two trains starting from Frankston at ot just after 7 am struck us as the
best feeders or sources of patrons for such a service witha return service out
of Spencer St at around 5:15pm

If sucha service was to originate at Mornington then a true quality service
could be offered along this corridor. These people dont give a stuff about any
station from Carrum to the city..just want to get there and home.
I used to work with a few who did the daily Grind from Mt Eliza and Mornington
and they would have switched in an instant if such a service was offered but
werent intersted in the normal sparks...would rather fight the traffic ..but
at least in the  creature comfort of their car..and thats the thing...offer
riders some decent seats...maybe a view of the telly...some coffe ..breakfast
etc and they would line up.

Sitting in crappy ol sparks for over an hour ,crowded is NOT the way to entice
people.

cheers >:~)) Richard