Re: [NSW] Guards & Mobile phones

> > > Sending to Melboring?

> > > bit
> > windows?
> > > Is
> > >
> > > You left out the "F" bvetween the N and the I.
> > >
> > > I don't think that the solar-glazing on the windows would be an
issue -
> > > although no doubt, many of the experts in aus.comms.mobile (and many
of
> > the
> >
> > Better quality tinting films have metal particles, which may affect
signal
> > propagation... Not a big deal though...
> >
> > What sort of speeds so these vehicles in which you are interested
travel?

> On those sections, about 60 to 90 km/h.

That's your problem then I reckon...

> > think that pass-overs from cell to cell would be the major problem.
Cells
> on
> > highways for example are specially designed, located, and "aimed", and
are
> > quite a different kettle of fish to suburban cells. The cells you are
> > connecting to would be there for the stable population, rather than the
> rail
> > transit system, and this I presume is where the problem lies.
>
> Okies.

Good

> > Of course the construction of, and electrical and electronics systems
> > within, your Rail Vehicles would also play a major part. What sort of
> window
> > to Metal ratio are we talking about?
>
> NFI

Well are they closer to a bus or a plane is terms of window size compared to
body size?

> > (P.S. I've never been on a train :)
>
> My commiserations, Chris -  you DO need to get out more.

Adelaide only has trains in the south, and no-one half decent lives there.

Here in the North-East we have the Busway (or O-Bahn as some call it)

> > > non-experts like Rod Speed) will be able to provide an answer. If Rod
> > wants
> > > to see what the glazing is like, I suggest he pops down to his local
> > railway
> > > station tomorrow evening and have a look at the Xploder (slightly
> > different
> >
> > Having a look won't tell you much about the tinting film
>
> I just wanted to get Speedy away from his computer.

There are trains where he lives?