Re: [NSW] Guards & Mobile phones

"Dave Proctor" <daproc@spambait.ozemail.com.au> wrote in message
dSaV4.901$465.906047@news0.optus.net.au">news:dSaV4.901$465.906047@news0.optus.net.au...
> "Anita Lukaszyk" <neety@ozemail.com.au> wrote in message
> 392537B8.25055493@ozemail.com.au">news:392537B8.25055493@ozemail.com.au...
> > At least the Tangarbages are good for SOMETHING...  :)
>
> Sending to Melboring?
>
> > Has it got something to do with the windows in the V set? Aren't they a
> bit
> > thicker than others? What about that 'golden glaze' stuff on the
windows?
> Is
> > that in some way affecting reception? I have NI.
>
> You left out the "F" bvetween the N and the I.
>
> I don't think that the solar-glazing on the windows would be an issue -
> although no doubt, many of the experts in aus.comms.mobile (and many of
the

Better quality tinting films have metal particles, which may affect signal
propagation... Not a big deal though...

What sort of speeds so these vehicles in which you are interested travel? I
think that pass-overs from cell to cell would be the major problem. Cells on
highways for example are specially designed, located, and "aimed", and are
quite a different kettle of fish to suburban cells. The cells you are
connecting to would be there for the stable population, rather than the rail
transit system, and this I presume is where the problem lies.

Of course the construction of, and electrical and electronics systems
within, your Rail Vehicles would also play a major part. What sort of window
to Metal ratio are we talking about?

(P.S. I've never been on a train :)

> non-experts like Rod Speed) will be able to provide an answer. If Rod
wants
> to see what the glazing is like, I suggest he pops down to his local
railway
> station tomorrow evening and have a look at the Xploder (slightly
different

Having a look won't tell you much about the tinting film