Re: Re: [NSW] Guards & Mobile phones

remember electromagnetic waves and static charges don't go into metal cages. In the case of
non-Tangara rolling stock, they are literally, metal cages.

with S and some K sets (the non A/C) it's a little better because you have the opening windows.

Dave Proctor got bored on Fri, 19 May 2000 12:31:57 GMT and so wrote the following:

          "Andy B" <and_b@dingoblue.net.au> wrote in message
          3925315f$0$2632@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au">news:3925315f$0$2632@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au...
          > ... awaits crosspost to aus.comms.mobile for argument on how Optus
          > does/doesn't cover the CityRail network.

          Duly added.

          It doesn't, I dropped out 5 times last night between Central and
          Strathfield. Admittedly, it was in a V-set (the greatest train in Australia,
          btw), since it was the 2002 Lithgow train. I have found the V-sets (the
          greatest trains in Australia, btw) to be particularly bad for mobile phone
          operation. The Tangarbages are good, the S/R/K/C sets are not as good as
          Tangarbages, but the V-sets (the greatest trains in Australia, btw) are the
          worst.

          I wonder if it has something to do with the construction of the carriages
          having something to do with it. Since they are all stainless steel, I cannot
          see how, but you never know. Since the C, K, R, S and V (the greatest trains
          in Australia, btw) sets all have the same basic construction style, and the
          Tangarbages are somewhat different, could this be a factor?

          Dave