[ANYWHERE] Motorcaders (was:Mexico's V set transfer)

There is an alternative point I'd like to make about 'cading.

First of all, I don't 'cade often because of numerous factors including the
unpredictable traffic in and around Sydney. However, if a steamer is near
the area I'm in, I'll have a look (and take a photo or two).

While I'm not involved in any preservation group, I make contributions in
the following (albeit smallish) ways.

* By visiting as many museums (and riding on the trains) as possible. When I
am there, I tend to spend  a fair amount of money on entry fees and
keepsakes that I would not normally get in Sydney.

* I place photos of these museums and their stock for all to see on my
website (pics returning soon, btw) in an attempt to promote the places I've
been to (including links).

* When travelling long distance to see these museums or trains, I obviously
need a place to stay, I need to eat and I need to get around (and buy usual
type things as well).

So even though I might not be doing the hard yards in the workshop or have
not got my bum on a seat on the train all the time, I'm just not getting a
free 'cade and doing nothing for it. I don't think I'm Pat Malone here.

Here's a novel idea to reduce the cost of tours considering some (most?)
people are interested in the loco only (it must be cheaper than going to
Woop Woop East):

Step 1 - Find a museum with a turntable
Step 2 - Find a suitable steam loco
Step 3 - Combine steps one and 2
Step 4 - Get gunzels
Step 5 - Spin the loco in steam around and around on the table while the
gunzels snap away.

--
Eric
http://www.erk.au.com/erktrans/

All cows on or near the running line need to
to have a Track Safety Awareness
Certificate and an approved safety
vest when on or near the line.