[VIC] Motorcaders (was: V set transfer)

Michael Kurkowski wrote:

> Michael Kurkowski <mk@netstra.com.au> said:
>
> >It's not unreasonable to expect a small donation is it?
>
> Adding to this, *something* or *someone* has to pay for preservation. Trips
> cost a lot of money and if less people travel on it or make a donation,
> then the trip costs more than it will make. The trip may as well not run
> since the trips are used for fund raising in the first place.

I agree with this. The level of motorcading is at a ridiculous level and
many of these people never book on a tour. These people should at least
donate some money because they are currently getting the benefits of
seeing steam locos and historic diesels in action but they hardly
contribute anything to the maintenece and organisational costs of these
tours. Of course some of these people say that $90 is way too much for a
trip, but you don't have to book on all of them. So far this year I have
travelled on the Steamrail S class trip to Echuca, the parallel run to
Wodonga, the 38 trip to Ararat and the "Bendigo Rattler". I have
motorcaded the R700 transfer, a SteamRail and sail tour, the J515
Seymour - Geelong trip, the Essendon shuttles and various NSWRTM tours I
couldn't go on anyway.

--
- James Brook -

e-mail: