Re: [Vic] Freight return to Cold stream??

Mark Bau <markbau@altavista.com> wrote in message
B5478D15.F211%markbau@altavista.com">news:B5478D15.F211%markbau@altavista.com...

> > From: James C. <james_ccj@my-deja.com>
> > Newsgroups: aus.rail
> > Date: Wed, 17 May 2000 04:10:41 GMT
> > Subject: Re: [Vic] Freight return to Cold stream??

> > At most you get is 1 train per day, I don't think it would be hard to
> > diagram 1 extra train running on this line...

As others have observed, what's in it for Hillside? A whole lotta risk &
minimmal return.

Reading the paper "Discussion Paper - Proposals for the Implementation of
the Victorian Rail Access Regeime", the government is currently proposing
not to declare any of the Hillside network for any purpose.  Whereas it is
proposed to declare Bayside for freight.  So Hillside is well within their
right to tell FA to go away, with the confidence that FA won't have any
comeback.

Of course I may be wrong...  |-)

> Please, this is Victoria that we are talking about here, we don't
"diagram"
> trains, we run them.

That's if we don't give them a path.

--