Re: [Vic] Freight return to Cold stream??

In article <YMuU4.172$YF4.26462@nsw.nnrp.telstra.net>,
  "HXP1" <hxp1@bigfoot.com> wrote:
> Mark Bau <markbau@altavista.com> wrote in message
> B5478D15.F211%markbau@altavista.com">news:B5478D15.F211%markbau@altavista.com...
>
> > > From: James C. <james_ccj@my-deja.com>
> > > Newsgroups: aus.rail
> > > Date: Wed, 17 May 2000 04:10:41 GMT
> > > Subject: Re: [Vic] Freight return to Cold stream??
>
> > > At most you get is 1 train per day, I don't think it would be
hard to
> > > diagram 1 extra train running on this line...
>
> As others have observed, what's in it for Hillside? A whole lotta
risk &
> minimmal return.
No effect at all to Hillside since there will be AT MOST 1 train a day.

> Reading the paper "Discussion Paper - Proposals for the
Implementation of
> the Victorian Rail Access Regeime", the government is currently
proposing
> not to declare any of the Hillside network for any purpose.  Whereas
it is
> proposed to declare Bayside for freight.  So Hillside is well within
their
> right to tell FA to go away, with the confidence that FA won't have
any
> comeback.
>
> Of course I may be wrong...  |-)
Really?? I though Victrack owns all the intrastate tracks within
Victoria, inlucding Burley/Lilydale line, Hillside have no rights ban
freight trains

--
Cheers

James