Re: AD60 Garratt. No.6001

"clinton smith" <cdsmith@mbox.com.au> wrote in message
3920BC68.3473C322@mbox.com.au">news:3920BC68.3473C322@mbox.com.au...
> hope this helps.....
> book---"the 60 class" by k.t. groves, h.j. wright, m. morahan.
> published by new south wales rail transport museum.
>
> cheers.....clinton :)
>
> Crespins wrote:
>
> > Hi there. Could anyone help me with information on NSWGR AD60.
> > No.6001.I have recently purchased one of the builders plates from this
> > loco for my Garratt collection, and would like to know the history of
> > it. i.e.; date first into service, what sheds it was allocated to,
> > when withdrawn, where scrapped etc. Also, are there any books
> > available, specific to this class of Garratt ?Thanks in advance. Andy
>

>From the above book comes the following details for 6001
Builder's number  7473
In Service  30/8/52
Converted to Dual Control 19/8/60
Withdrawn June 69
Condemned 18/7/69
Scrapped 23/4/70
Kilometres travelled 835,754

I don't think the book is available any more, it was published in 1994 but
there was talk of a reprint. It's ISBN is 0909862338

--
Regards,
Chris Stratton