Re: [NSW] Airport Line -- WINNERS AND LOSERS?

"Hubert Lam" <hubert@softhome.net> wrote in message
ootnhs45hdcujg7gl5t1c5brs3f75j64i8@4ax.com">news:ootnhs45hdcujg7gl5t1c5brs3f75j64i8@4ax.com...
> "Dave Proctor" <daproc@spambait.ozemail.com.au> won a Nobel Prize in
Literature by writing:

>           "Hubert Lam" <hubert@imap4.com> wrote in message
>           391a5b06$0$31494@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au">news:391a5b06$0$31494@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au...
>
>           > Kingsgrove, losing the Macarthur fast trains
>           > Turella, losing many ex East Hills all stops trains in the
peak, and in
>           the off peak, service
>           > frequency reduced to a half of what it is now (30 min
frequency)
>           > Sydenham/Tempe, losing 4 trains an hour from the current off
peak
>           timetable
>
>           Sydenham should not really be a problem, they have the four
trains an hour
>           brom Bankstown, as well as the six per hour from the Hurstville
direction.
>           They won't notice it.
>
>           Dave
>
> Tempe will feel the pinch though as they lose half the East Hills trains
previously available

But then you would have to start wondering how many of the passengers using
Tempe were using it as an origin/destination, or merely as an interchange.
For those using it as an interchange, Wolli Creek will replace it. For those
using it as an origin/destination, Wolli Creek *may* be a better option,
depending on where they were going to/from.

Anyways, we have not seen the Sillywarra timetables yet, so there may be a
few extra services with Tempe stops to make up for it.

Dave