Re: Steam Locomotive B/N 1

Queensland Railways - B15 299 4-6-0  Walkers No.1 1897
Withdrawn mid 60's for preservation.

Currently preserved at Maryborough station - not sure of condition but has
been able to be lightly steamed in recent years.

Was being looked after by Maryborough model engineers (MELSA). A new group,
Whistle Stop, has been formed to preserved Mayborough's rail heritage and
they may now have some responsibility for it.

The B15 was the first conventional loco built by Walkers.  They had
previously built some small vertical boilered locos for local tramways.
Recently, Peter Olds built a full size replica of Mary Anne - the first of
these tramway locos - and it operates occassionally in Maryborough.

Graham