[VIC] Suburban ramble tours.

Is the Upfield to Somerton line available to passenger trains? If it was
then this could be an interesting trip for a suburban ramble tour. This
should also be suitable for the wooden cars. It was a real shame that
the ARHS used the K cars with the F class trip. The wooden cars would
have been much more suitable. It could possibly be run push-pull with a
T and K, J or D3 like previous suburban ramble tours.

Spencer Street - Somerton via Upfield
Somerton - Broadmeadows - Albion - Newport Workshops.
Newport Workshops - Spencer Street - Stony Point.
Stony Point - Spencer Street.
Spencer Street - ???...

This would be an interesting trip as it covers some lines that haven't
had a tour on them for a few years. I haven't been on the Stony Point
line for many years and I have never been on the Upfield to Somerton
line. It also covers the goods only lines of Broadmeadows - Sunshine -
Newport that are often popular on these trips. Other attractions could
be the North Melbourne fly-over, the reversing loop and some of the
goods lines that travel through Dynon and Tottenham Yard. All of these
are always popular with the railfans.

--
- James Brook -

e-mail: