Re: [VIC] Suburban ramble tours.

James Brook <ajmbrook@ozemail.com.au> wrote in message
3919780E.E9E3FC19@ozemail.com.au">news:3919780E.E9E3FC19@ozemail.com.au...

> Is the Upfield to Somerton line available to passenger trains?

BG booked out at the moment.  Probably wouldn't be booked back in for only
one passenger train though.

> If it was
> then this could be an interesting trip for a suburban ramble tour. This
> should also be suitable for the wooden cars. It was a real shame that
> the ARHS used the K cars with the F class trip. The wooden cars would
> have been much more suitable. It could possibly be run push-pull with a
> T and K, J or D3 like previous suburban ramble tours.

> Spencer Street - Somerton via Upfield
> Somerton - Broadmeadows - Albion - Newport Workshops.
> Newport Workshops - Spencer Street - Stony Point.

Path to Stony Point now Crib Point has been defrocked could be non-existant.

> Stony Point - Spencer Street.
> Spencer Street - ???...

> This would be an interesting trip as it covers some lines that haven't
> had a tour on them for a few years. I haven't been on the Stony Point
> line for many years and I have never been on the Upfield to Somerton
> line. It also covers the goods only lines of Broadmeadows - Sunshine -
> Newport that are often popular on these trips. Other attractions could
> be the North Melbourne fly-over, the reversing loop and some of the
> goods lines that travel through Dynon and Tottenham Yard. All of these
> are always popular with the railfans.

Nah, a Suburban Narrow Gauge Trip.

GNRS J class, suitable carriages, Spencer St - Appleton Dock - Anzac Sdg -
Manor - Nth Dynon - Somerton - Ford Sdg? - Somerton - Spencer St.

Pity 'bout the (lack of) cars.

--
HXP1
(now with v6.08 software)