Re: 4D (again)

I think I saw Railway Rasputin II post something on some "essential wiring" that goes through the
driver's compartment "box".

I was surprised too when I first started taking interest in Sydney's system because there were 2
people working one train whereas in Hong Kong (where i came from) there was only one. For the MTR
(undergriound) system, all the platforms were straight and that's OK but for the KCR (Kowloon-Canton
Railway) their trains were 13 cars long (around 13 of our V set cars!!!! and they're not
superstitious) with one driver but also has CCTV and station attendants (similar to what we have in
sydney, the people with the white flag!) and that works just as well.

What they don't have is intercity services running on electricity (the mainland's still in the steam
age, bear in mind!) so there'll haev to be guards for the diesel trains that roar through.

8F2EBDF0FtelstraNews@vic.news.telstra.net">news:8F2EBDF0FtelstraNews@vic.news.telstra.net...