Re: [NSW Cityrail] Airport Link Tickets

"Peter R K" <peterrk@yahoo.com> wrote in message
39155eed$0$31558@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au">news:39155eed$0$31558@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au...
> I may have missed this in all the discussion about the new
Airport/Southern
> Railway, but when will the self-service ticket machines be modified so as
> sell tickets to the new stations? It would seem that with only two weeks
> go, the machines would need to be updated by now. With the number of
ticket
> offices that are not open, or open for reduced hours, what will happen
when
> someone turns up at one of the airport stations without a ticket?

I would have thought that the machines would have been configured when they
were designed to have two lots of fares in them, then to all be cut over to
the second set on command from the central control (to allow for fare
changes, etc). Either this, or they can all be updated from a central
computer in one fell swoop.

Given this, it should happen automagically (sp intentional) on the morning
of the 21st. The reason it cannot happen now is that there could be
liability issues if they sell a ticket to the airport (or Green Square or
Botany) before the line is open - they would be legally liable to get the
person there.

Dave