Re: [NSW] 3801 this weekend?

In article <391174ea@news.hunterlink.net.au>,
  "Al Barrett" <ajbarrett@hunterlink.net.au> wrote:
> > > This is a very ignorant question. Whatis a ' v set '?
> >
> > A V-set (the greatest train in Australia, btw) are the double deck
> intercity
> > cars that began life as interurban cars, and operate from Sydney to
> > Newcastel, Lithgow and Dapto, and places in between.
> >
> Wouldn't it have been easier to say DD electric train with a blue (or
> whatever) name plate with a V on it????
>
> And.... the CPH railmotor is the best train in Australia so don't kid
> yourselves.
> and I bet most of you would prefer to run from Newcastle to Sydney in
a CPH
> than a V set.
>
> AL
I would rather take a QR tilt train if it can run on standard gauge....
many of you would argues that Tilt train is really for long distance
but many countries in the world(Euro mostly and Japan) have similar
high comfort standard interurban train as the QR tilt train, I also
read from "Train" magazine once, Long Island railroad(one of the New
York suburban train operator)they even offer first class carriages for
their interurban trains along with lounge chair , bar and round end
obervation. Why should interurban trains "suffer" from been same
comfort as a suburban train??

--
Cheers

James