Re: Tasrail, gardens and tourism

I remember riding the rattler from Launy to Western Junction and then
sitting around
for an eternity wating for the Tasman Ltd from the NW coast to eventually
appear. You're right
when you say the trip was a pleasant one, I used to love it but, sitting at
the junction freezing
my juvenile n**ts off waiting waiting waiting. In fact waiting some times as
long as a car
took to cover the whole journey from Launceston to Hobart. Maybe if the
connector from
Launy had actually connected with the Tasman things might have gone a bit
better for it!!
Still that journey from Sulphur Creek along past Penguin to Ulverstone was
one of the
great undiscovered rail journeys of the World I reckon.(drifts off into
nostalgic momenttttt......)