Re: Tasrail, gardens and tourism

> At this stage, despite requests from the locals, TasRail has not shown
> any interest in helping to rehabilitate one of the township's best
kept
> tourist assets.  I have no doubt that were they able to, both Gordon
and
> Nancy, with the help of the locals would indeed try to rectify the
> problem, but given their age, and the damage done, it is beyond them.
>
> Having recently been to New Zealand, and enjoying TranzRail's tourism
> concerns and ventures on the Tranz Alpine and Coastal Pacific, it
would
> be nice if their Tasmanian sister could learn something and help
> encourage the locals in providing some assistance in tourist ventures.
But Tranz Scenic chagre a lot higher fare then most of the Australian
trains due to NZ government don't subsidie long distance train services,
their basic charge is as expensive as GSR.

Tasmania Limited may return if Tasmanian government willing to subsidse
rail services. I wondered what kind of rolling stocks would be
suitable?? Borrwo some carriages from QR? or Tranzrail as they only uses
 less then 1/2 of their passenger carriages....or a through train from
Sydney/Melbourne with trains carry on board ferry??  (since Tranzrail
have a surplus inter-islander ferry)

> May be I live in hope- maybe it's because that over the past 30 years,
> I've seen much volunteer work truly show the State for what it is.
> Memories of the Tasman Limited came back to me as I traveled down the
> East Coast of New Zealand, and to be honest, I think Tasmania has more
> to offer than that trip.
>
> So, TasRail, are you up to helping re-establish what was destroyed in
an
> unfortunate accident?  Can you help regenerate what was once a
beautiful
> garden? or do we take it, looking at the dirty unkempt appearance of
> your locomotives, that you couldn't care less?

It's a lot cheaper, easier and more profitable for them to run freignt
trains, freight trains also aren't subject to speed.

--
Cheers

James

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/