Re: [NSW] Toronto Station?

On Thu, 04 May 2000 05:44:42 GMT, jtas@bigpond.com (John) wrote:

>Hi There,
>Yes the Fassifern to Toronto walkway - cycleway now follows the
>abandond rail line, even crossing the viaduct at Fassifern, right near
>home. I hadn't moved here when the service was cut but can remember
>something about early March 1990, shortly after the north coast trains
>were replaced with XPT's.

The ARE ran a most interesting tour into NSW during an extended
weekend in November/December 1969. One of the lines toured was to
Toronto with 3067 and 3046. Not bad. That was my second trip. The
first was 625 and 721 on a normal pass from Broadmeadow and 721 solo
back to Newcastle, five months previous.

NSW was  the best state in Australia for railfans back then and not so
long ago.

Les Brown
Freedom's just another word for nothin' left to lose.